Memorial Day weekend seems to be the official kick-off to the start of summer grill out season and it’s fast approaching! One of my favorite things to serve in the summer is delicious deviled eggs. A traditional grill out is just not complete without them, or at least my family thinks so! These deviled eggs are not your ordinary, plain Jane eggs…no way! Adding a little bacon, cheddar cheese and horseradish sauce gives them a superb flavor that is enjoyed by everyone. You really can’t go wrong by adding a little bacon, right?
Hope you enjoy these and have a wonderful holiday weekend too!
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- sprinkle with parsley if desired
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- Peel the boiled eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small bowl. Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, minced onion, crumbled bacon and cheese. Stir in mustard and horseradish sauce.
- Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to really meld together. 🙂
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.