We heart our sponsors and want you to know that this post may contain affiliate links, which means we earn money or product samples from the companies mentioned.
I received a sample in exchange for an honest review, however my opinions are my own.
As a mother of four with two teenagers, I know how important it is to keep an eye on what our kids are looking at online. We recently went through a situation in my house where we found some very “questionable” ads that were showing up in the sidebar when my sons were using You Tube. They were looking up something perfectly safe and even educational, and yet were bombarded with some really nasty stuff that they didn’t need to be seeing at that time, if at all. To be honest I was furious at the fact they saw this when they hadn’t intended to and also mad at myself for not watching more closely. It’s a sad fact that we as parents must be so careful but that is the world that we live in and there’s not much we can do about it.
However, we can fight back by monitoring what our kids are viewing online and blocking all of the awful stuff. There are many services available that do this and believe me, I did my homework. I looked into all the free and paid online monitoring services that I could find and also asked the advice of my friends as well. The free options didn’t seem to do enough monitoring and most of the paid services were far too expensive for what they offered or didn’t cover the devices in our home. Then I found the answer….Mobicip!
Mobicip has been a life saver to our family. It’s the most complete, all around online monitoring service that I have ever found and guess what….it’s totally affordable too. I can finally rest at ease knowing that my kids can enjoy their devices and not encounter adult ads and websites.
So just what does it do? Mobicip monitors all the devices on your account in real time. Yes, it is available for ALL of them…Android, Apple, Windows, Mac, Kindle and more! You can manage all of the devices and activities remotely as well. So you always have control and can monitor what’s going on online in your home at any time.
When you sign up, you’ll need to choose either the free basic service which gives you pre-defined filtering levels, advanced content filtering, a safe browser app that you download to use on your devices, and more….or one of the paid options. We chose the Premium service which is the most affordable option that I found online that offers similar services and at only $39.99 a YEAR for 5 devices!
The Premium service gives you the following:
- Online Management..You can see what websites they visited, and whether these were blocked or allowed in real time from anywhere and all without touching any of the devices!
- Manage from mobile app…Download the mobile app to manage their online activity while on the go!
- Access Requests…This feature lets you Accept or Deny requests to access certain websites.
- App Monitoring…Now you can monitor when your child downloads or purchases new apps on their device. Instantly review the rating, price and category of the app on the App Store.
- Browsing History Reports…Review detailed reports of browsing history online, via Monitor app, or reports emailed to you on a regular basis.
- Set Time Limits…Set time limits for internet usage for each user profile. When a user attempts to access the internet, you’ll see the attempt in the browsing history reports.
- Accountability Mode…Setup the user profile at the ‘Monitor’ level. This will ensure the user has unrestricted internet access, with the caveat that all usage is being captured and reported.
- Custom Filter Settings…Customize your internet filtering in 3 ways. Allow/block domains or websites, customize categories that should be allowed for each user profile, or blacklist specific phrases or keywords.
- BYOD Support
- Plus all of the features in the free service as well
Downloading Mobicip for your devices is easy and the online tutorials walk you through the set up process so you’ll be good to go in no time. When you download Mobicip to your devices, it automatically sets the Mobicip browser as the only one that is usable for web surfing etc.
Next you’ll head to your online dashboard where you’ll set up the Filter Profiles and Devices that you want to monitor. You’ll connect each device to one of the filter profiles. From here, you can customize the filter settings in 3 different ways, so you can be certain of providing just the right online experience for everyone in your family.
You can also set up time limits for each member of the family. No more middle of the night web surfing!
Once everything is set up, it’s smooth sailing. Your family is protected and you can finally relax. Checking in is easy using your online dashboard or mobile app. Receive detailed reports on each device and be notified when someone tries to access a blocked website.
Mobicip offers everything you’ve been looking for in an online monitoring service and at an affordable price. If you’re a concerned parent that wants to keep an eye on their family’s online activities, Mobicip has got you covered!