I love making crafts with my kids. It’s such a great way to relax and let our imaginations run wild. Now that it’s officially spring, we’ve been thinking about flowers and making crafts with them. This week we made a cute flower garden for May Day, which is right around the corner. This garden is easy to make and the flowers can be removed and played with on their own as well.
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Drinking straws
- Cereal box
- Glue or tape, Scissors, Markers or Crayons
What To Do:
- Cut down the cereal box and punch or cut 4-6 holes in a row in the bottom of the box.
2. Take a sheet of green construction paper, and draw and cut large grass shapes in the top half of the sheet. Then feel free to decorate your grass with markers or crayons.
3. Glue or tape the grass to the outside of the cut cereal box. It should wrap around the sides of the box as well.
4. Now it’s time to make some flowers! Cut simple flower shapes such as these, out of various colors of construction paper. Feel free to decorate them as you like. Attach a flower to each of the straws with tape. You’ll need a straw and flower for each hole you added to the bottom of the cereal box.
5. Now the fun begins! Stick each of the flowers down into the holes in the bottom of the cereal box. Your child can make the flowers pop up and down from the bottom of the box. Have fun!