Make it a fun-filled movie night with these fabulous snack recipes. Kids can help out in the kitchen too!
BLUE RASPBERRY SLUSHIE
Little movie critics will slurp this super slushie right up.
Makes 2 servings
2 cups cream soda
½ tsp. Kool-Aid Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade powdered mix
3 cups crushed ice
2 drops blue food coloring
2 Rainbow Twizzlers
- Help your child measure the cream soda and Kool-Aid into a blender. Add ice and food coloring, and blend until smooth.
- Cut the ends off Rainbow Twizzlers, stick them in the drinks as straws, and all the kiddos will have to worry about is brain freeze!
This pizza-parlor staple goes mini—turning it into the perfect food for your viewing party.
Makes 5 servings
2 cans refrigerated smallbiscuit dough
60 slices pepperoni (about half a 6-oz. package)
20 one-inch cubes of mozzarella cheese, cut from cheese sticks
1 Tbs. olive oil
¼ tsp. dried Italian seasoning
⅛ tsp. garlic powder
1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce, warmed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Help your kids roll out each biscuit to ⅛-inch thick. Place 3 slices pepperoni and 1 cube cheese on each round. Pull the edges up around the filling, and pinch dough together at the top. Place in the pan, with the seam side down.
- Repeat with all the dough rounds, slice two vents in the top of each, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with dried herbs and garlic powder.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with pizza sauce.
Sweet! Salty! Crunchy! This pumped-up popcorn is a winner.
Makes 5 servings
10 cups popped popcorn
1 cup broken pecans
1 cup chopped dried apricots
2 cups thin pretzel knots, broken into pieces
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
¾ cup butter
½ cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
- Heat oven to 250°F. Line two baking sheets with nonstick foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the popcorn, pecans, apricots, and pretzels.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt (an adult’s job). Cook over medium heat until it boils. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour caramel over popcorn, stirring. Spread onto baking sheets. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven and cool completely. Break into chunks and serve.
Thanks to FamilyFun magazine for sharing these yummy recipe ideas!