We heart our sponsors and want you to know that this post may contain affiliate links, which means we earn money or product samples from the companies mentioned.
Want to get rid of that stubborn post-baby weight? Check out this 20 minute workout complete with photos and get swimsuit ready in time for summer.
Phase 1 of the 3-2-1 Baby Bulge Be Gone program lasts anywhere from 2-4 weeks and puts an emphasis on further core training while beginning work on cardio and strength training.
The Bridge – Builds strength in the glutes, activates the pelvic floor, promotes circulation to the healing tissues and provides a gentle inversion to encourage the internal organs to settle back in their place.
- Lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on floor. Raise hips by pressing into feet and squeezing glutes. Pause at the top then lower back to start Repeat 10 times for 3 sets.
The Clam –Builds strength in the glute medius, activates the pelvic floor, and engages the deep abdominals.
- Lying on your side place one leg on top of the other, knees slightly bent.
Keep feet touching as you separate your knees by raising your top leg
Pause then lower, repeat 10 times for 3 sets.
Alternating Heel tap – Builds strength in the deep muscles of the core, engages the transverse the muscle that cinches in the waist and builds strength in the lower back.
- Lying face up hands beside your body knees bent to 90 degrees, legs raised and feet flexed. On an exhale, lower your left leg keeping the bend to tap the heel on the ground then on an inhale raise the leg. Make sure to keep lower back on the ground. Repeat on the right side. Repeat 20 times in total do 3 sets.
Superwoman – Builds strength in the Back and Glutes promoting a stronger spine, and improves posture
- Begin lying face down on the floor legs straight and arms extended overhead. On an inhale slowly lift chest arms and legs off the floor as high as you comfortably can hold for a couple seconds then lower back to start. Repeat 10 times for 3 sets.
Modified Side Plank – Builds strength in the deeper muscles of the Core and the side muscles of the abs as well as the lower back.
- Begin lying on your side, with weight in your forearm, knees bent stacked one on top of the other. On an exhale lift your hips pause then lower back to start. Repeat 10 times for 3 sets.
Perform this bonus exercise if you don’t have Diastasis Recti and have waited at least 6 weeks after a C-section.
Modified Plank – builds strength in the deeper muscles of the core and the lower back
- Begin kneeling on all fours bend elbows walk hands out and prop yourself on your forearms lower hips to form a straight line from head to feet
Hold for 30 seconds then lower down. Repeat 3 sets.
Nutrition Tips for New Moms
“Foods I tell my clients to include especially when lactating are extra protein such as lean meats like fish, chicken, and even veggie options like beans and legumes. Folate is needed to build protein tissue and you can find this in broccoli, dark green vegetables, and oranges. Calcium for strong bones and can be found in milk or milk alternatives
Foods to perhaps avoid as baby may be fussy if you eat them are:
Spicy foods, chocolate, or some that make them gassy (some vegetables, onion, garlic, cauliflower, cucumbers)”
– Celebrity Trainer and Global Fitness Expert, Ramona Braganza
About 3-2-1 Baby Bulge Be Gone:
The 3-2-1 Baby Bulge Be Gone is a program designed to achieve weight loss, shape and tone muscles and strengthen core to give you those flat abs again within a 12-week series. The 3 phases progress moms safely, and the 3-2-1 BBBG along with the 3-2-1 Personalized Nutrition plan gives them the calories they need while allowing for steady weight loss of a pound or two a week. http://ramonabraganza.com/321-fitness/baby-bulge-be-gone/
Connect With Ramona:
Website – www.ramonabraganza.com
TW – @RamonaBraganza
IG – @RamonaBraganza