Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional pumpkin pie? Look no further than this delicious vegan pumpkin pie squares recipe from Mary’s Gone Crackers, a gourmet, organic, gluten free, non-GMO and vegan food line.
Mary’s Gone Crackers Vegan Pumpkin Squares are made up of an array of ingredients including maple syrup, almond milk, nutmeg, pumpkin puree, and Mary’s Gone Cracker’s Graham MiNiS. Just combine the graham crumbs, melted coconut oil, and coconut nectar until the crumbs are thoroughly coated in the mixture and you’re almost there!
2 cups Graham MiNiS (crumbled)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp. coconut nectar syrup
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/3 cup organic palm sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (use only the white cream portion)
1 ½ Tbsp. Tapioca starch
2 Tbsp. almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Pinch fine grain sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F line the pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the crust in a medium bowl, combine the graham crumbs, melted coconut oil, and coconut nectar until the crumbs are thoroughly coated in the mixture. Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Starting from the middle, press the crumb mixture into the pan evenly, yet firmly, using your fingers, press out toward the edges until the crust is even.
- Pre-bake the crust, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes at 350F, until the crust is golden brown.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling. In a small bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch and maple syrup until no clumps remain. Add this and all of the other filling ingredients into a food processor and process until completely smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed. When the crust has come out of the oven, immediately pour the filling into the baked crust and smooth out as evenly with a spatula.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes at 350F until the filling has darkened slightly and it’s semi-firm to the touch (although the filling will still be soft and sticky!). Place on a cooling rack for about 60 minutes and then into the fridge to set at least 4 hours – overnight is best.
- Slice into squares and serve with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon and chopped pecans.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Yield 9 large squares