- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup ice water
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup plus 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 – 2 tbsp. apple brandy
- 1 ½ tsp. Colman’s Dry Mustard Powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- To make the crust, put the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a food processor and pulse until blended. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly pour the water through the feed tube, pulsing just until a dough forms. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the apples, 1/4 cup sugar, brandy, Colman’s Dry Mustard Powder, cinnamon, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. On lightly floured surface, roll out each disk of dough into a 6-inch round. Place the rounds, 1-inch apart, on the baking sheet. Spoon one-fourth of the filling on half of each round, leaving 1/2-inch border. Fold dough over filling to make half-moon shape. Crimp edges of dough to seal. Brush tops of each pie with 1 tablespoon of water; sprinkle each evenly with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar. Cut three 1/2-inch slits in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape.
- Bake until the filling is hot and the crust is golden, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Colman’s Mustard is a pantry must-have that has certainly withstood the test of time. This iconic yellow tin has been around for over 200 years and is the only “Queen Approved” condiment on the market! While Colman’s Mustard is certainly a great topper to sandwiches and hot dogs, it also makes a wonderful “secret ingredient,” adding a zesty flavor to many mealtime favorites including roasts, veggies, mac & cheese, and even cocktails and dessert. Colman’s Mustard comes is two varieties, Prepared and Dried. The prepared is available in a jar as well as a handy squeezy container. The Dry is available in both 2 and 4 oz. tins. Colman’s is available nationwide at supermarkets such as Whole Foods, Walmart, Safeway and Kroger for $4.99 – $6.99