As the weather changes this fall, keep your kitchen updated to take advantage of crisp autumn foods and flavors. Using small, powerful appliances you can make the most out of your apple orchard finds, pumpkin patch picks and more. Delicious juices, soups, and so much more can be prepared quickly and easily using some of these fabulous finds from Omega Juicers and Excalibur Dehydrators.
Juicing is an easy way to make the most of your abundance of fruits and vegetables. As people leave apple orchards with bags of apples and try to make the most out of farmer’s markets before the weather gets cold juicing is a great way to get the most out of fruits and veggies, while keeping healthy food around the house. Make more than juice with items like the Twin Gear. Use your juicer to make recipes such as Pumpkin Spice Juice:
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 Pears
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 piece of Ginger Root, about 1 inch
- 1 dash of Cinnamon
- Wash butternut squash and pears
- Peel and cut butternut squash lengthwise
- Chop remaining produce into pieces that will fit into your Omega Juicer hopper
- Juice squash, pear, and ginger
- In a bowl, put coconut palm sugar and spices. In another bowl pour honey.
- Rim your glass with honey. Then rim your glass with coconut palm sugar and spice mixture.
- Fill your glass with juice and sprinkle cinnamon on top to garnish.
Dehydrating is a great way to preserve seasonal fruits and vegetables safely, without the use of preservatives. Using their patented Paraflexx technology, Excalibur dehydrators keep foods fresh during the dehydrating process, preserving nutrients in the food to keep them healthy. They also help to extend the shelf life of foods, meaning you can enjoy your fresh-picked apples and gourds for use in cooking all year long. Use them to try making recipes such as Butternut Squash Chips:
1. Slice squash into 1/4 inch round slices and in a bowl toss butternut squash slices in olive oil
2. Then sprinkle sea salt and toss again
3. Place slices on your Paraflexx lined dehydrator tray
4. Dry at 145 degrees F for 2 hours
5. Reduce temperature to 115 degrees F and dry for an additional 8-10 hours