Looking for a decadent, delicious treat to keep you cool on these hot summer days? Check out this Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich recipe from Hampton Creek.
The Just Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich recipe by is a new twist on a favorite classic dessert that combines the cold pleasure of ice cream with the addicting richness of raw cookie dough. Perfect for summertime! Since Just Cookie Dough is egg-free, it’s perfectly safe to eat raw! It’s also all-natural, cholesterol-free, dairy-free and non-GMO.
2 cups Just Cookie Dough
1 quart ice cream, flavor of choice
1 ½ cups dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
1) Divide the cookie dough into 2 equal portions.
2) Lay a large piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper flat on your
3) Roughly shape one portion of the dough into a 6×8-‐inch rectangle
by hand and flatten by pressing down.
4) Lay another piece of plastic wrap or parchment over the dough.
5) Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough out to 1⁄8 -‐ 1⁄4-‐inch thickness.
6) Transfer to a baking sheet or similar, and put the entire sheet of
dough into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
7) While the cookie dough is freezing, remove the ice cream from
freezer and let soften in refrigerator.
8) Repeat this procedure with the other portion of cookie dough and
add to the freezer.
9) Once both sheets of cookie dough are frozen, remove from the
freezer, remove plastic wrap, and place the first half on a cutting
10) Working quickly with a metal spatula or spoon, spread ice cream
over the cookie dough as evenly as possible.
11) Put the second cookie dough sheet on top of ice cream layer and
press down to even out.
12) Place back into freezer for at least 2 hours.
13) While ice cream is hardening in freezer, chop the dark chocolate
and place in bowl.
14) Once the ice cream is firm, melt the chocolate in microwave in
two 30-‐second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted. 15) Add the oil to the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
16) Line another baking sheet with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
17) Place frozen ice cream/cookie dough on a cutting board and using a large, sharp knife, cut into desired shapes (squares, rectangles, triangles, etc.).
18) Quickly dip each ice cream sandwich into melted chocolate making sure to cover all sides and bottom. It may be easier to lay the sandwiches on a fork to dip them.
19) Place gently onto the prepared baking sheet.
20) Return the finished ice cream sandwiches to freezer until firm.