It’s National Gingersnap Day and what better way to celebrate than to make these delicious Raspberry Crisps from Mary’s Gone Crackers, providing yummy organic, gluten free and non-GMO whole food snacks.
1 3/4 c. Mary’s Gone Crackers GF gingersnap crumbs (one box)
1/4 c. coconut palm sugar
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend ginger snap crumbs with sugar, coconut flour and salt.
- Once incorporated, drizzle melted coconut oil in and stir to combine.
- Press into mini tart pans or muffin tins.
- Freeze for ten minutes.
- Bake for ten minutes and set aside.
1/4 c. cold water
1/4 c. sugar
3 Tbs. tapioca starch
1/4 c. fresh tangerine juice
2 tsp. tangerine zest
Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, whisk together water, sugar, tapioca starch, and salt until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture thickens, reduce heat to low and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture into a non-metallic bowl and add lemon juice and zest, mixing well.
- Allow to cool and thicken at room temperature.
Coconut Cream Ingredients:
1 chilled can of coconut milk (overnight in the fridge)
2-3 tsp. coconut palm sugar
1 vanilla bean, scraped
Coconut Cream Preparation:
- Open the chilled can of coconut milk very carefully to not shake or disturb the cream on top.
- Scoop the firmer cream from the top and leave the clear liquid. You can save this if you want to, but it is not used in this recipe.
- Whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Pop the tart shells out of their pan
- Add the curd filling the shell 2/3 full.
- Top with the coconut cream
- Garnish with ginger snap crumbs, pomegranate seeds or raspberries