It’s that time of year again where everyone seems to be going crazy over pumpkins! Everywhere I look I see pumpkin crafts, pumpkin decorations, pumpkins galore in stores and of course, pumpkin recipes! I don’t mind this at all because I too tend to get a pumpkin obsession at this time of year. It’s just so good, and so good FOR YOU too. Ahem, now this recipe may not exactly be low fat or low calorie but you can easily adjust the ingredients to your liking to make this dessert a little more waistline friendly. (Use low fat or fat free cream cheese etc) This recipe combines too of my favorite desserts in one….cheesecake and of course, pumpkin pie! Add a little whipped cream topping or vanilla ice cream and you’ve got a new family favorite. Speaking of family favorites, check out my very best apple pie in the world recipe!
One thing to note though…when I prepared this recipe I have to admit that it “almost” turned into a swirl cheesecake pie, haha, because I poured the pumpkin mixture onto the cheesecake mixture a bit too fast! So be careful when you are approaching this step. I think no matter what though, this turns out delicious whether it’s “swirled” or layered. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 3/4 cup Libby's pumpkin pie mix
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine the cream cheese and eggs. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese mixture and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add the 3/4 cup pumpkin pie mix to the remaining cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
- Carefully! spread over the cream cheese mixture in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.