The weather has been absolutely beautiful here in Florida and we have been outside enjoying it as much as possible. One of our favorite things to do is grill out during these wonderful, warm days. My husband LOVES to grill out and I think he would eat grilled out food just about every day of the week! Since Father’s Day is right around the corner, I wanted to surprise him with the very best EVER (seriously!) grilled burgers for his special day. When I say BEST ever, I really do mean it. I no longer make burgers the old way. These burgers are not only juicy and delicious but what really won me over, was the fact that they never dry out overnight in the fridge. So you can enjoy those leftover burgers the next day and they taste just as moist and wonderful as the day that you cooked them up! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
We love to serve these burgers with a side of homemade baked beans too!
- 2 lbs. ground beef (about 85% lean makes a good juicy burger)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pkg onion soup mix
- bacon, cooked until crisp (optional as topping)
- cheese, we love to use Pepper Jack but go with your favorite
- onion buns, or use your favorite buns
- lettuce, tomato, pickles etc
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, salad dressing and eggs.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into about 8 to 10 patties, depending on size of burgers you want.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with bacon, your favorite cheese and other toppings.