This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
Living in Florida definitely has its perks! We get to enjoy sunshine filled days year round, mild temps even in the winter which means no snow and ice, and all the fresh fruit and veggies that we can handle! Yep, there are so many Fresh From Florida delicious foods available right now in the middle of January like avocados, cauliflower, corn, grapefruit, okra, oranges,strawberries, and even tomatoes just to name a few. While all my northern friends and family are freezing their tails off, dreaming of a warm springtime, we Floridians get to enjoy all the good stuff right now!
To help warm up my cold friends up north, I’d like to share a mouth watering recipe for Florida Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa recipe. This flavorful salsa is not only filled with healthy fresh ingredients, it’s also bright and colorful and reminds me of a summer day.
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up a batch of this goodness:
Prep time: about 30 minutes
4 ears corn, roasted and kernels removed from the cob
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup red onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, hand torn
1 lime, juiced (plus more if desired)
1 teaspoon powdered cumin
your favorite hot sauce (for heat)
sea salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
What to do: (this is oh so easy!)
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Give it a good stir to combine.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and don’t forget to add your favorite hot sauce to spice things up a bit!
Enjoy this salsa with your favorite chips or crackers!
Find out more about Fresh From Florida on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FloridaAgriculture and Twitter at @FreshfromFL.
Do you have a favorite recipe featuring Fresh From Florida avocados, corn and tomatoes? I’d love to hear about it!
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
– See more at: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Recipes/Starters/Florida-Corn-Tomato-and-Avocado-Salsa#sthash.BQPiKQrU.dpuf