It’s no surprise that pizza is one of our favorite foods. However, even though we love to splurge every so often and get pizza delivered, it really saves so much money to just make our own, especially with four kids in the house! Making homemade pizza is not only fun to do with your kids, but lets you have your pizza your way so that everyone is happy.
The last time we were at Walmart, we saw that Prego had a Savory Bacon flavored alfredo sauce there, so I picked up a jar to use on our next pizza night. We had made chicken alfredo pizza many times before, but adding bacon seemed like a tasty idea. Can you really go wrong adding bacon? I think not!
I made this pizza crust without yeast, which is actually so easy to do and it turned out great.
Yeast-free pizza crust:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add water first and then oil and mix until blended. Knead the dough while inside the bowl for about 5 minutes. Allow to rest for a few minutes, and then place onto large pizza pan.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and add your favorite toppings.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is light golden brown.
To make Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza:
You will need:
1 jar Prego Savory Bacon alfredo sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
about 10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed or shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare your favorite pizza crust or use the recipe above.
2. Add Savory Bacon sauce, about 1 1/2 cups (use more or less to your own taste) to the crust. Add chicken, bacon, and minced onion. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is light golden brown. Serve with salad and breadsticks.