These little burgers taste almost exactly like your favorite mini burgers from White Castle or Krystal (for us down south). They are so good and so very easy to make! Great for a party appetizer too!
Servings: 24 slider burgers
You will need:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg onion soup mix
1/4 cup dried minced onion
1/2 cup mayo
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
24 dinner rolls or slider buns, such as Kings Hawaiian rolls (I made these with whole wheat mini buns too, pictured above)
pickles if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering with foil and then spray with cooking spray to prevent buns from sticking.
2. Combine ground beef, onion soup mix, and minced onions in a large bowl. Place this mixture in skillet and brown meat mixture over medium high heat until meat is brown and no longer pink. Drain all grease completely. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Stir the mayo and cheddar cheese into the ground beef mixture.
4. Arrange the bottoms of the dinner rolls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread the cheese and beef mixture onto the bottom of each roll. Place the tops of the dinner rolls onto the burgers. Cover the burgers with another sheet of foil, sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until burgers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with pickles.