This paper craft is fun to do and any type of paper can be used. We decided to use a combination of tissue paper and fancy pattern paper. You can just use regular construction paper, or even wrapping paper.
You will need:
Large square of paper about 6 inches wide
Small square of paper about 4 inches wide
pipe cleaners or scraps of paper for the antennae
1. Start by folding the small square of paper and in half diagonally.
2. Now fold the paper in half again.
3. Now, once again, the paper in half. This is what you should end up with at this point.
4. Repeat this step with the larger square piece of paper. Then unfold your paper and begin making small pleats in the paper, as you would if you were folding a paper fan.
5. Now tape both of the folded pieces of paper together. This forms the wings of the butterfly.
6. Now you can use long scraps of paper or a pipe cleaner to wrap around the middle of your butterfly to form the antennae. Secure this with tape if needed.
These butterflies would also look great hanging from a mobile! Have fun and enjoy this fun paper craft!