These cute and colorful pencil holders are actually made out of paper towel tubes! You can also use toilet paper tubes, or tubes from your plastic wrap or foil as well. This is a great way to recycle those tubes and make something useful at the same time!
You will need:
paper tubes from paper towels, toilet paper or other
sheets of felt, various colors/patterns (Walmart craft section)
Adhesive acrylic jewels of various shapes and sizes (found these at Walmart in the craft section)
card stock or other thicker cardboard
glue, scissors, pencils
1. Gather those paper tubes or take a longer tube and cut it so that it is about the same length as a toilet paper tube.
2. With a pencil, trace around your paper tube onto a piece of card stock or other thicker cardboard, making a small circle. This will be used as the bottom of your pencil holder.
3. Cut out this small circle and tape it to the bottom of your paper tube.
4. Now trace around your paper tube again, but this time onto a piece of the felt. Cut out this felt circle and glue it to the bottom of your paper tube.
5. Now wrap your paper tube with another piece of felt and cut the felt to fit. Carefully glue this to your paper tube. Allow to dry for several minutes.
6. Now it’s time to decorate your pencil holder! Cut out felt shapes and glue them to your holder and add some acrylic jewels for a little sparkle too! Allow your new pencil holder to dry completely before adding anything to the inside!