What a fun craft to make on a rainy day! These little paper dolls are easy to make, and really let your imagination and creativity shine! We have always loved paper dolls of any sort, but these homemade dolls are my favorites by far!
Looking for more craft ideas? Click here!
You will need:
cardstock, construction paper, or other paper for the dolls
construction paper or fancy background paper for the doll clothes
glue, scissors, pencils, markers
1. I found cardstock and a pad of cute fancy background papers at Walmart that I thought would really be great for this craft. You can use something like this, or construction paper if you wish.
2. Begin by taking a sheet of card stock and folding into thirds, as pictured below.
3. Next, draw the outline for your paper dolls onto the folded paper. Just keep it simple and not too small. When you are finished, cut out your paper doll and open the paper. Your paper dolls should be “holding hands”. We had a slight problem with one of our dolls that didn’t stay connected to the others, but if this happens, just glue their hands together. 😉
4. Now for the fun part! It’s time to dress your paper dolls. The best way that we found for creating outfits for our dolls, was to take a piece of fancy paper, and place it behind one of the dolls. Using a pencil, draw the outline of the outfit, whether it might be a dress, or pants and shirt…just outside your doll body. Then carefully cut out the outfit and it should be a perfect fit! Once you are done with an outfit, glue it onto your doll body.
5. Once your paper dolls are dressed, it’s time to create their faces and add some hair if you want! You can make the hair using crayons, markers, yarn or create a hairdo out of some paper and glue it on.
Feel free to add some fun accessories to your dolls such as buttons, hair bows, and even shoes! I’d love to see what you make. Leave me a comment here with a link if you would like to share what you made. 🙂