This recipe is probably the easiest, and fastest way to have homemade cinnamon rolls on the table for your family this weekend!
Give it a try! These taste so much better than the canned store bought rolls.
Servings: Makes 12 rolls
You will need:
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 package instant yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk, more or less as desired depending on thickness of glaze
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until small bubbles form, then remove from heat. Mix in 1/4 cup margarine or butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened margarine, until fluffy.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk to make a thin glaze, or add more or less milk depending on how thick you would like the glaze. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls and serve warm!