This casserole will get you rave reviews every time you make it. It is very versatile and is so easy to put together. It’s easy enough for weekend mornings yet special for holidays too. I served this on Christmas morning and everyone loved it so much, we had hardly any leftovers!
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash-browns (or 1 30 oz. bag frozen shredded hash-browns)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups diced ham, sausage or bacon. Even better, use a little of all three!
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 – 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 Pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs.
- Add cottage cheese and spices to eggs and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine hash-browns, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, meats, and onions.
- Pour egg mixture over the hash-brown mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon hash-brown mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and parsley over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5- 10 minutes to set before serving.
Serve with fresh fruit!